C++ Interview Questions

  • How do you decide which integer type to use?
  • What should the 64-bit integer type on new, 64-bit machines be?
  • What’s the best way to declare and define global variables?
  • What does extern mean in a function declaration?
  • What’s the auto keyword good for?
  • I can’t seem to define a linked list node which contains a pointer to itself.
  • How do I declare an array of N pointers to functions returning pointers to functions returning pointers to characters?
  • How can I declare a function that returns a pointer to a function of its own type?
  • My compiler is complaining about an invalid redeclaration of a function, but I only define it once and call it once. What’s happening?
  • What can I safely assume about the initial values of variables which are not explicitly initialized?
  • Why can’t I initialize a local array with a string?
  • What is the difference between char a[] = “string”; and char *p = “string”; ?
  • How do I initialize a pointer to a function?
  • What is the difference between an ARRAY and a LIST?
  • What is faster : access the element in an ARRAY or in a LIST?
  • Define a constructor - what it is and how it might be called (2 methods).
  • Describe PRIVATE, PROTECTED and PUBLIC – the differences and give examples.
  • What is a COPY CONSTRUCTOR and when is it called (this is a frequent question !)?
  • Explain term POLIMORPHISM and give an example using eg. SHAPE object: If I have a base class SHAPE, how would I define DRAW methods for two objects CIRCLE and SQUARE.
  • What is the word you will use when defining a function in base class to allow this function to be a polimorphic function?
  • What are 2 ways of exporting a function from a DLL?
  • You have two pairs: new() and delete() and another pair : alloc() and free(). Explain differences between eg. new() and malloc()
  • What is a callback function. Explain in C and C++ and WIN API environment.
    (From WINDOWS API area): what is LPARAM and WPARAM?




1 comment:

  1. I REALLY REALLY WISH DAT I HAD A VIEW OF ANSWERS TOO DISPLAYED ALONG WITH UR QUESTIONS ON C++

    ReplyDelete